
So this morning was the first cold morning we've had so far. It's been in the 20s and 30s since I arrived. It's been great. Last night it started to get cold and the wind was blowing. It wouldn't have been bad except for the wind. We went to Danielle's for dinner last night. When we got back to the compound, I went to plug in the block hear on my car and found my plug to be an ice cube. The warm weather caused water to drip into the cover for the plug and with the temps dropping, it froze into an ice cube. I borrowed a torch from Kirk to melt the ice. My hands nearly froze as I was doing it. I'd have caught myself on fire for sure if I was wearing gloves! Anyway, I was being very careful (I really was!!) and only had the flam to the plug for a second or two. After I got the ice melted I realized that some of the plastic melted and dripped on to one of the prongs! And with the temp being as cold as it was, it hardened instantly on the prong. So I spent several minutes scraping it off. I was finally able to plug it in. Geeze, you try to be careful but look at what it gets you! Oh well, I didn't catch myself or the car on fire so I guess all is well but lesson learned for sure. Actually several lessons on that one.
So it was 27 below this morning and I know this will sound crazy but it's not that bad. Yes, it's cold but you dress for it. And yes, I did but a jacket for Clara (well, two jackets) and also some booties for her feet! She so doesn't like them but she'll appreciate them!! The cold weather has actually helped her to become more expedient in her bathroom duties. She usually has to sniff out the perfect spot but when it's -27, she'll go anywhere! I appreciat that because I go out with her.
And while talking about Clara, oh my gosh she's so smart!! There is a latte stand I stop by every morning (Sunrise Espresso) and if they see that you have a dog with you they give you a treat for your dog. On Tuesday Jen gave me a treat for Clara. I figured after a couple of visits Clara would figure this out. Well, on Wednesday morning she already had it figured out!! My window was fozen shut so I had to open the door and kind of step out to place my order and stuff. When I got back in, she was staning with her front legs on the center console and her face right there waiting for her treat! This morning my window worked but again she was right there waiting. I made her sit and wait for the treat. I don't want her begging every time I pull up there. What a smart dog she is.
Yes another tangent and I completely forgot where I was going with that one. Oh well.
So it was 27 below this morning and I know this will sound crazy but it's not that bad. Yes, it's cold but you dress for it. And yes, I did but a jacket for Clara (well, two jackets) and also some booties for her feet! She so doesn't like them but she'll appreciate them!! The cold weather has actually helped her to become more expedient in her bathroom duties. She usually has to sniff out the perfect spot but when it's -27, she'll go anywhere! I appreciat that because I go out with her.
And while talking about Clara, oh my gosh she's so smart!! There is a latte stand I stop by every morning (Sunrise Espresso) and if they see that you have a dog with you they give you a treat for your dog. On Tuesday Jen gave me a treat for Clara. I figured after a couple of visits Clara would figure this out. Well, on Wednesday morning she already had it figured out!! My window was fozen shut so I had to open the door and kind of step out to place my order and stuff. When I got back in, she was staning with her front legs on the center console and her face right there waiting for her treat! This morning my window worked but again she was right there waiting. I made her sit and wait for the treat. I don't want her begging every time I pull up there. What a smart dog she is.
Yes another tangent and I completely forgot where I was going with that one. Oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment